|Individual Strawberry Pavlova|
It is also a tasty use for the left over egg whites that I seem to amass when making delicious ice cream custard. Today I jumped on the "individual" portion bandwagon and made mini pavlovas for us and our 2 students.
The trouble I face when using different batches of left over egg whites is that I never seem to have enough, or have too many for the recipes and none of my recipes seem to have a proportion of sugar to egg white. So I thought I'd give some different quantities in my pavlova recipe here:
4 Egg whites
200g Caster sugar (for 5 egg whites: 220g caster sugar, for 6 egg whites: 250g caster sugar)
2 tsp corn flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre heat oven to 100º;
- Line a baking tray with baking paper;
- Whisk egg whites till they form hard peaks and the bowl can be turned upside down without the egg whites moving;
- Slowly add the caster sugar spoon at a time;
- When sugar is combined and mixture is glossy, add corn flour and vanilla essence
- For individual pavlovas, split mixture into 4 rounds on baking tray and cook in the preheated oven for 35 mins. For a large pavlova, scoop the mixture on to the lined tray and cook for 1 hour - 1 hour 20 mins for a large one.
- Leave the pavlova to cool in the oven with the door open for a few hours till the oven is completely cold. Close the door and leave till cool.
- Serve with whipped cream and decorate with fruit.