Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bringing home the Bacon & Eggs!

Eggs Benedict, Fingal Bay Longboat Cafe
A dish that Cam prepares perfectly every time and leaves me holding my breath when I order it at a cafe, is poached eggs and bacon. A classic that I'll never forget is when I was told that I didn't ask for my poached egg runny and that is why it came out practically hard boiled! This weekend I was pleasantly surprised to dodge the poached egg bullet, and experience a deliciously cooked Eggs Benedict that oozed out over the sour dough at a local beach side cafe!

The other speciality cuisine of Cam's that I have to avoid when eating out is Italian. My Aussie hubbie could have come from Italy with his tasty pizza - made completely from scratch dough and all - and his non traditional spaghetti bolognese with a little heat from jalapeño chillies and full of fresh veggies - mushrooms, eggplant and tomatoes.

Cam's Honey Soy Steak
My husband's signature dish is Honey Soy Steak with mash, honey carrots and broccoli. He has cooked this dish for me for as long as I've known him, and it's a favourite in our household. It's the one dish that our student home-stay guests request as their last supper when they're about to leave us and it is a consistent winner as a winter warmer comfort food. Cam always cooks my steak so perfectly that I rarely order steak when we go out, afraid that it won't be up to my standard - we even wrote it into our vows at our wedding "Do you promise to continue BBQing her steak just the way she likes it" ;-)

I'm a very spoilt wife with a great husband who came with his very own yummy kitchen repertoire!

1 comment:

ChocolateSuze said...

having to ask a cafe for your poached egg to be runny? haha that's pretty ridculous! lol glad your husband has perfected your favourites!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...