Friday, December 17, 2010

Turkey or not Turkey



As a Brit in Australia, when it comes to Christmas there is always the pull between traditional roast turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, crispy roast potatoes all covered with piping hot gravy washed down with a full bodied red wine, and the more climate appropriate and equally delicious cold meat, prawn, oysters and crispy salad, with a refreshing glass of Semillon.



I like to have my cake and eat it too, so last week, to help sort the dilemma of mine and my friend from Northern Ireland having her first Aussie Christmas experience, we had a more familiar Christmas feast. Of course, i picked the hottest and most humid evening of the summer so far to roast individual stuffed spatchcocks for my hubbie and I our 7 guests. the end result was delicious, and impressive! We all enjoyed a tasty Pepper Tree Cabernet Sauvignon, and still had room for a mini Christmas pudding with brandy butter and cream. All we needed for it to be an authentic Christmas dinner would have been the Queens speech and a few snowflakes!



Now I've had our fix, bring on the seafood I say!



Sent via BlackBerry® from Vodafone

Powered by ShowMeBlogger.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...